Clip Named to the 2022 CB Insights Retail Tech 100 List of Most Innovative Retail Startups
MEXICO CITY, March 15, 2022 – Clip, Mexico’s leading commerce and digital payment platform, today announced that it was named to CB Insights’ Retail Tech 100 list, which showcases the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. Clip was also previously recognized on CB Insights’ 250 List of Top Fintech Startups in 2021.
The 2022 Retail Tech 100 highlights startups reimagining the retail experience. This year’s winning companies are working on hyper-personalized shopping, blockchain-powered commerce, autonomous delivery, virtual shopping, and more. Nineteen countries are represented this year, including India, China, Mexico, Singapore, and the Netherlands, among others.
“It is an honor to be awarded by CB Insights for Clip’s work developing innovative financial tools for small and medium-sized businesses across Mexico,” said Adolfo Babatz, Founder, CEO and Chairman of Clip. “This award underscores Clip’s dedication to providing merchants with the latest, best-in-class payments technology that is easy to purchase, activate and use to better transact with customers and grow their businesses.”
Through an evidence-based approach, the CB Insights research team selected the Retail Tech 100 from a pool of over 7,000 companies, including applicants and nominees. Selection was based on factors including patent activity, business relations, investor profiles, news sentiment analysis, proprietary Mosaic Scores, market potential, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty. The Mosaic Score, based on CB Insights’ algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies to help predict a company’s momentum. To find out more about the selection process and this year’s winners, join the CB Insights team for a webinar today at 2 p.m. ET.
“By almost any measure, this has been a breakout year for retail tech. We’ve seen skyrocketing funding across the industry, powering companies involved in every aspect of retail from instant grocery delivery to supply chain technology,” said Brian Lee, SVP of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit. “In 2021 alone, these 100 companies raised $13.1B in funding, an incredibly impressive feat. As the retail landscape evolves, we’re excited to see how the companies on the Retail Tech 100 continue to revolutionize how consumers shop.”
Quick facts on the 2022 Retail Tech 100:
- Funding trends: In 2021, these 100 private companies raised $13.1B in equity funding across 109 deals, triple the amount they raised in 2020. So far in 2022, they have raised $2.3B across 15 deals (as of 3/8/22).
- Future market leaders: Nearly two-thirds of the companies on the list are early- or mid-stage companies. There are 20 early-stage companies (seed/angel and Series A) and 43 mid-stage firms (Series B or Series C) in this year’s cohort.
- Unicorns: 36 of the 100 companies (36%) are valued at or above $1B as of their latest funding rounds.
- Top investors: Salesforce Ventures is the most active investor in this year’s Retail Tech 100 companies, with investments in 10 companies across 19 deals since 2017. Tiger Global Management and Insight Partners, which have both invested in 9 companies on the list, are tied for second.
- Global reach: 40% of the 2022 Retail Tech 100 is based outside the US. After the US, the UK and India follow with 6 companies each. Overall, this year’s winners span 19 countries, including Singapore, Australia, China, and the Netherlands.
As a leading fintech company, we are frequently under the spot.Go to Clip in the news
Explore our current positions. Your next job could be around the corner.Go to careers